Crew on board M/Y Blue Voyager save a tangled turtle from debris, netting and plastics
Yesterday crew on board M/Y Blue Voyager found a poor female hawksbill turtle entangled in a debris of plastics, broken nets and water bottles on their way to Vaavu Atoll. Luckily they decided to stop the boat and set out on a rescue mission to help untangle the poor animal. Watch the video below.
Over 1 million marine animals (including mammals, fish, sharks, turtles, and birds) are killed each year due to plastic debris in the ocean.
Education is the key to solve marine pollution. The public can get involved in this issue by:
– Reduce, Reuse and Recycle plastics;
– Use reusable cloth bags instead of plastic bags when shopping;
– Support local, regional and nationwide bans on plastic grocery bags;
– Use reusable bottles instead of plastic ones.
– Make sure to properly secure your garbage to prevent any fly-away plastics;
Together we can make a difference!